Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gardening with a 14 Month Old!

Have you ever done it? Gardened with a 14 month old?! Well I have and I am so happy that Daddy will be home next week to help us finish up! My son, Rodney Fisher and I started to plant our gardens in our new home we purchase last September! Mommy had a lesson in patience and the little man had a lesson in exploration!


It always amazes me just how quick he gets around! We moved from one broken plant to another in lightning speed! With that accomplished, it was off to the rock garden where he figured the rocks looked much better on the sidewalk!


Very eager to help he was! I could hear the wheels turning in his little head..."you put the dirt in the pot mommy and I'll take it out!" Ohhhhh such fun...really...it truly was!

We both managed to stay relatively clean too! That darned rubber boot just won't stay on that foot! Ah well...the mud will wash off, the memories will last forever!


Now Rodney and I just have one question for all of you!!!! What the heck is this plant called!!! Rodney's Daddy says its called a hemorrhoid plant?! :)Well, we've cleaned up! Everything is growing beautifully...although they are calling for snow tomorrow!!!!! Rodney is ready for his next adventure!!!

18 comments:

  1. You have such an adorable son!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, my boy is 2 and loves to help with pulling out of everything and finding all the rocks and counting them. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics...your "hired hand" is adorable! Can't believe you may get snow...it was 92 here yesterday! (Houston) Uuggh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. we call those plants "hens and chicks"... cute little guy you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu must be pretty far up north. We Finally got a pretty nice day today, which means the bugs are going to soon follow. The cool days before were very nice to work outside in. Hope your little helper grows up to be a big helper. Get em started early!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's adorable and you were planting the seeds for a love of nature.

    Hens & Chicks, and they grow great in strawberry pots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute pics!! I remember trying to get things done outside when my boys were that small. It took longer, but it was fun watching them discover all kinds of cool things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel you on this one!! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute ! What a lovely boy , thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute pictures!
    those plants are often called Chicks and Hens and can grown pretty much anywhere. I have some growing on a rather large, flat, porous rock in my front yard.
    if you separate one from the bunch and plant it elsewhere, it will eventually send out shoots and more plants will grow

    ReplyDelete
  11. there's nothing a boy loves better than getting dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gotta love boys and their dirt :) I have a little girl. I hope she'll be a dirt-player too... none of this sissy-girl stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I have tried to garden with little ones and it is VERY difficult!! Mine are now 4 & 6 and are alot better, and actually love to help. So the patince will pay off!!! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I have done this and it isn't easy! Mine are now 4 & 6 and love to help in the garden, so patience pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is so adorable! Glad that both of you got a chance to enjoy the garden while it was sunny.

    ReplyDelete